Mercedes Electronic ignition switch (Eis/ezs) Repair
The ignition switch is a device that allows the user to start the car using their smart key. When the key is inserted it converses with the EIS that checks the sequential code to confirm this key belongs to that car. Common faults of the EIS failing have been listed below.
1) Not being able to turn the key in ignition
2) Being able to turn the key in ignition but car is not starting
The above faults can be induced by jump starting the car while the key is in ignition or if the car battery voltage runs low.
- All keys won’t turn in ignition
- Central locking not locking or unlocking
- Key not turning in ignition when cold
- No dash lights, electric windows, indicators after start
- Vehicle won’t start
W164, W202, W203, W208, W209, W210, W211, W220, W251